Qualtex UK Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 00708974 and have our registered office at Unit 1 Denton Hall Farm Road, Denton, Manchester, ("Qualtex", "we", "us" or "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and your privacy.
At http://www.qualtexuk.com, our primary focus is maximising our devotion to the best customer service possible. Our website follows that very focus, to make your shopping as easy and personal as possible.
1. About us
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation the data controller is Qualtex UK Limited. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office with registration number: Z3575307.
We will only process personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and any other applicable (or replacement) privacy laws.
2. Which personal information will we collect?
We may collect and process any of the following information about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by using the online forms provided on the Website or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. This includes, without limitation, information you provide when you sign-up and register to use the Website, enter into a deal via the Website, ask a question via the Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Website and/or when you report a problem with the Website or our services. The information you give us may include:
· your name and/or company name;
· your current and (where necessary) previous business postal address;
· your business telephone number;
· your personal and/or business email address
· your business bank or building society account details and credit or debit card information.
· your password
· your preferences regarding whether you would like to receive newsletters or other marketing materials via email
Please note that certain categories of information are mandatory in order to register for a Qualtex account and to use our services. We may collect and process further personal information if you update any information on your account.
Information we collect about you. Each time you visit the Website or receive an email or other e-communication from us we may automatically collect any of the following information;
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the Website.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the Website. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, suppliers of technical and payment processing services, advertising networks, analytics and search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
3. Legal basis for processing your information
The legal basis that we process your information and data is with your consent, or to fulfil the contract between us (i.e. to fulfil orders), or to achieve our legitimate interest as follows:
· We need to collect certain information to ensure that you qualify for a trade account to maintain the pricing levels and availability to our trade customers.
· We will perform credit checks where you apply for a credit account
· We need additional payment and delivery information to process your order and supply goods to you.
· We will communicate with you regarding the status of your order
· We ask for your permission to send you marketing material by email. If you have given permission, you can withdraw that permission at any time using the unsubscribe link on our emails, or by contacting our customer service team. Subscribing to our marketing material is not a requirement to use our website and services.
· We use the information we collect to verify your identity when you contact our customer services team before discussing the details of your account with you.
· We collect certain information, such as IP address and account number to protect our rights, intellectual property and to ensure that your account remains secure by analysing login trends.
· Calls to our customer service teams may be monitored or recorded to help us resolve disputes, improve our web content, and for training and quality control. We do not record your credit card information.
· We process and store your data where we have a legal obligation to do so, for example for tax purposes.
· We process your personal information in order to conduct and manage our business
4. How long do we keep your personal information?
We are required to keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes listed above, and no longer than that. Where we have a legitimate legal reason for keeping your information - such as your order history for example for company accounts purposes, we will keep this information for up to 7 years to comply with requirements from HMRC. Other information may be kept to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations as necessary, depending on the type of data that is held.
5. How is your personal information shared?
We share your personal information with the following 3rd party agencies for the purposes listed below:
· CreditSafe - where you have applied for a credit account, we will pass necessary information to CreditSafe to accurately identify you or your company, and to attain your credit rating
· Courier Companies - we will share your name and address, together with your email address or a mobile number to enable our courier companies to deliver your orders and to keep you informed of the progress of your order.
· PayPal, SagePay or other online payment processing services - we pass on the necessary details to accurately identify you, and to ensure that your payment is processed and correctly assigned to your account with us
· Oracle + Bronto - Our digital marketing platform. Where you have provided consent, we share your email details with Bronto solely for the purposes of digital marketing
Your data is stored in our order processing system that is common to all the companies in our group.
In the event that we buy or sell any business or assets we may disclose your personal details to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
If Qualtex or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, your account details and personal information will be one of the transferred assets
We may share your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or any other agreement
We may share your personal information to protect the rights, property, or safety of Qualtex, our customers, or other persons. This may include exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Any third parties with whom we share your personal information are limited (by law and by contract) in their ability to use your personal information for any purpose other than to provide services for us. We will always ensure that any third parties with whom we share your personal information are subject to privacy and security obligations consistent with this policy and any applicable laws.
Save as expressly detailed above, we will never share, sell or rent any of your personal information to any third party without your consent. Where you have given your consent for us to share your information, you may withdraw that permission at any time using the unsubscribe link on our emails, or by contacting our customer service team
6. Your rights
This is a summary of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. For a full explanation of your rights and exceptions please see the Information Commissioners Office website http://ico.org.uk
The right to be informed
This privacy notice is fulfilling your right to be informed about what data we are collecting, how it is processed and who it might be shared with.
The right of access
You have a right of access, commonly referred to as subject access, gives individuals the right to obtain a copy of their personal data as well as other supplementary information. It helps you to understand how and why we are using your data, and check we are doing it lawfully. If you wish to make a Subject Access Request then please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The right to rectification
Under Article 16 of the GDPR individuals have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified. An individual may also be able to have incomplete personal data completed - although this will depend on the purposes for the processing. This may involve providing a supplementary statement to the incomplete data.
We have already taken steps to ensure that the personal data was accurate when we obtained it, this right imposes a specific obligation on us to reconsider the accuracy upon request.
The right to erasure
Under Article 17 of the GDPR you have the right to have your personal data erased. This is also known as the 'right to be forgotten'. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
The right to restrict processing
Article 18 of the GDPR gives individuals the right to restrict the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances. This means that an individual can limit the way that an organisation uses their data. This is an alternative to requesting the erasure of their data. Restricting the ability to process your data may prevent us from being able to continue to provide you with goods and services.
The right to data portability
The right to data portability gives you the right to receive personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. It also gives you the right to request that we transmit this data directly to another controller. There are exceptions to this right.
The right to object
Article 21 of the GDPR gives individuals the right to object to the processing of their personal data. This effectively allows you to ask us to stop processing your personal data.
The right to object only applies in certain circumstances. Whether it applies depends on our purposes for processing and our lawful basis for processing.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you. [Article 22(1)]. We do not do any automated decision making or profiling.
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about how we process your data then please contact email@example.com if we are unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction then you should raise your complaint via the Information Commissioners Office at ico.org.uk
7. Security of data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Payment transactions may be undertaken by third party service providers and will be encrypted to Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access your online account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Although we make every effort to protect the personal information which you provide to us, the transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Website and that any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Third party websites
Last Updated on 18 June 2018